I found this little gem a couple weeks ago and couldn't resist it. Here's how it looked originally (not my pic, but mine was identical except that this example is missing the windshield).
After disassembling the model and ripping out the seats, I set to work mixing it up a bit.
The gas tank became the new front wheel fender.
The vehicle is roughly 1/35 scale, so I had to build up the level of the drivers station floor with tubes from Robogear mech missile launchers and various other stowage, topped with a grated bit. Note the two levers for tank tread steering.
In the rear bed all it needed was a similar floor grating and some stowage.
More stowage on the starboard side.
And on the back, I finally found a place to use this awesome Ork backpack that's been on my workbench for quite a while.
Here's a shot of the sun-faded canopy.
And another shot of the whole thing.
Here's a pic with some 28mm figures for scale. As you can see, this thing is pretty big -- almost a sort of small land-ship.
-- Karl, Chicago Skirmish Wargames club member
3 comments:
lmao thats great. Nice conversion and its painted up a treat.
Thanks Simon,
This was a really fun model to build. One of those projects where the parts seem to build themselves.
Karl
Love it!
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.