Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Wreck-Age Staker Warband


With more post-apocalyptic gaming coming up this week, I put the finishing touches on another Wreck-Age faction: the Stakers. My goal for these guys was to keep them looking like people more comfortable with farming than fighting.


Their leader is a greybeard with tired eyes. Ammo is scarce the wasteland, so he tends to use his weapon more frequently as a pitchfork than a gun.


This outrider has a green mohawk and a personality to match.


This miner has a dirty face from spending time underground.


This outrider has a sneaky glint in his eye. This might be the best face I have ever done.


This young lady has a dirty face except around her eyes where her goggles sat.


The fieldhand has a scythe attached to his shotgun, and he is determined to defend his homestead.


This capybara herder (cabybara coming soon) had some mold issues. Her face and arm had some weird slippage, so I decided to paint her with battle damage. I tried to make the arm holding her gun look scarred from a fire.


From the other side, you can see the gory hole where her eye used to be.


This manly woman keeps the settlement's meager electronics and communications gear in repair.

I tried something a little bit different for the bases. I wanted it to appear as if the figures were standing in muddy fields after a heavy rain. I added a bit of trampled grass, and you can see that the hot sun has begun to dry all but the deepest mud holes.

This effect was done by mixing plaster, pigment powder, and clear resin. There was a dark brown layer, followed by drops of clear resin to represent the wettest mud. 2 more layers of lighter mud with some very fine sand mixed in was added to show it drying and cracking in the sun.

Check back next week for photos of these guys in action!

-- Josh, Chicago Skirmish Wargames club member

3 comments:

Simon Quinton said...

Great looking gang!

John Lambshead said...

Very nice crew.

Lord Siwoc said...

Really well done! And lovely miniatures!!!

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.