Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Fantasy Terrain Bits and More Waterfront

Here are a couple more fantasy terrain pieces that I recently finished up. This first bit came in a bag of HO-scale items I found at a resale shop. It is a base to a plastic model building, but the building wasn't included. My original intention was just to make a piece of ground that I could put my individually-based trees on to denote an area of a forest. But that would be too simple...



So, I added some of Tim's Hirst Arts pieces to suggest very old ruins and glued down a thick layer of the "sand mix" concrete product that so nicely replicates slightly rocky soil.



A quick paintjob and a bit of greenery and it's done.

And here is a pier and boat set that I picked up at the bi-annual Games Plus auction. I'm not sure of the make -- perhaps Anisty or Ral Partha?



The casting is less-than-ideal, with quite a few air bubbles, and unfortunately some of these are on notable areas such as EVERYWHERE!



Luckily, termite-infested wood doesn't seem at all out of place on a medieval waterfront, so I just left them as-is and made almost no effort to clean them up.



Nothing fancy about their paint jobs, but the detail on these is very robust, so they are a cinch to paint with fast wet and dry brushes.



These items should be a nice addition to my slowly growing collection of waterfront terrain.


-- Karl, Chicago Skirmish Wargames club member

1 comment:

Jay said...

Nice waterfront setting.

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.