We're planning to run a post-apocalyptic wargame campaign this fall, so I thought this would be a good opportunity to clear out my terrain backlog. I've had a few unpainted resin pieces kicking around for the better part of a year, it's was time to get 'em painted up.
First we have a small ruin made from a cut-up plastic tray, like the kind you might use for pencils on your desk. It was painted and based on a CD to make a small, serviceable terrain piece.
Next up is a Kryomek laser defense turret that I picked up at an auction for a few bucks. It's a multi-part resin and metal kit, and as you can see it looks pretty cool on the table. It's based on a CD and I deliberately avoided giving it the traditional dirty post-apocalyptic paintjob. I wanted it to serve double duty in our sci-fi games if needed. (The turret rotates separately atop the base.)
Lastly we have this junk pile. It's a single piece of resin that I painted, dipped and based on an oblong piece of fiberboard. It will be a great piece of grimy wreckage for our tabletop.
On the workbench right now (and hopefully appearing in a future blog post) are some dirt barricades, an industrial drain pipe and a medium-sized urban ruin. Keep an eye out for 'em soon!
-- Patrick, Chicago Skirmish Wargames club member





6 comments:
Nice terrain pieces, love your PA converted Navy Seal very cool.
Thanks Brummie! Good eye -- you're the first person to ID the mini as a Navy Seal.
The best terrain is always repurposed materials. Nice work!
Wow, nice stuff! I want to get some PA stuff going next after STrange Aeons. What rules are you going to use? I thought you guys was testing some home brew deal.
Junk pile is cool.
We're not entirely certain, but we're leaning toward Neutron York 3000. We'll be playtesting it next month or so.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.